Breakup Of The Fellowship (briefly)

Thursday 18th September 2014 


A decision has been made. Charly and Karl-Heinz want to set off immediately for Cappadocia but I want to stay another day relaxing with my friends.

 
Charly and Karl-Heinz get underway
We arrange to meet up in Goreme, Cappadocia on Saturday night, so for a couple of days the blog stays with me. I'll fill in the story for the other two when we meet again.
I take the opportunity to check over the bike and take a photo of the replaced fuel line valve that caused me so much hassle yesterday.

 
The little valve that caused all the trouble
For me it's a very leisurely day. Khavalti (Turkish breakfast) down on the seafront then back for siesta and a swim in the gorgeous pool. I am the only person in there.

In the evening we drive down the hill to the brand spanking new Hilton Hotel where we sit high up on the rooftop terrace sipping gin and tonic (me), vodka and coke (Bob) and white wine (the Boss) and playing the roll of ten-bob millionaires.

Next to a harbour side steak house for excellent fillets washed down with a local wine. I could get into this life.

 
Cruise ship in Kusadasi harbour
But only for a while. Erik and the bike need feeding with some good winding roads and a bit of fresh air, so at dawn I plan to hitch up and ride on out in search of Cappadocia. 

Last swim in the empty pool

Very tasty steak in harbourside restaurant

NEXT POST 

Comments