Beemer Mick Puts In An Appearance

Tuesday 30th September 2014



Farewell to the Kemer house
We set off from Kemer around 10am and head north up the coast road to Antalya. Fortunately our route forks north and west into the foothills on the Denizli road so we do not have to endure the Antalya Central crawl again.

We stop for fuel in the hills above Antalya. Karl-Heinz is still unwell and he has to have a lie down. Since I prefer to ride a little slower than the other two generally do, I decide to continue on assuming they will catch up somewhere later on the road.

 
In the event I do not see them again today. It is a beautiful day for biking. The sun is warm, the wind is from the rear and the good road has very little traffic. I wind on up into the mountains, full of the joys of autumn.

Denizli, a busy town of half a million inhabitants, comes and goes. In late afternoon I come to Aydin. The loose plan was to see if we can reach Selcuk, the feeder town for the Ephesus ruins, where there are hotels aplenty.
 
 
On the road to Denizli
I text Charly in the slight hope he may be off the bike and able to read it. No reply. Then a thought strikes me and I call Bob to see whether he is still in Kusadasi, which is only 20km or so from Selcuk. Indeed he and Margaret are still at their apartment and Beemer Mick is also there!

 
It's a lovely day for a ride
Serial readers will know my good friend Mick as he accompanied me on the previous tour to Romania earlier this year (see blog Euro Bimble 2014).

And so I take off for Kusadasi and spend a great evening with my friends from home at the Captain's Table, drinking far more Efes than is good for me and swapping tales from the past few weeks.

Charly has finally sent a text to say that he and K-H have arrived in Selcuk and are booked in at the Ave Maria Otel. I arrange to meet them there for breakfast tomorrow before getting my head down in the Kusadasi apartment.  


Comments